Thursday, September 25, 2008


















I am still learning how to create this blog so I haven't placed the pictures in the order of the text. The first photo is my eldest brother Mike. He and Mary are always so generous and the best hosts for my endless and frequent visits (as is my sister and her husband Eric, and my brother Bob who bakes my favourite treats when I am in London)

My visit with family in London was wonderful. I soaked up hugs and smiles to carry with me. The second photo is my sister, Judy with her first grandchild,
Cadence.
She is a spirited, wonderful, clever little one year old. And I am not just saying that because I am her Great Aunt Mojo.
She is a speed demon and I forgot how exhausting chasing a little person can be...though Nanna Judy was the chaser most of the day.

The third photo is Candance's daddy, Judy's eldest son, Derek. The baby couldn't help but be cute - her mom is gorgeous and her dad is handsome.

After my trip to London, I went to Niagara on the Lake to visit my mentor, Eila who at 95 is charming, funny, and spirited. Our friend Gordon, her son, was our landlord while Charley worked at Shaw and they were so welcoming and good to us every year- they feel like family - so I made a stop in NOTL to see them.

Then I went to Toronto to see more of my family.
I was grateful that the whole gang came for dinner so I was able to see my nephews, my niece (I always say I want to be Helen when I grow up), their partners and extended groups of family and friends.

I can't let myself think about how long it may be before I visit the family again. Though I am assured that they will visit us now we are in Banff. 

Next posting will be more about the train trip from Toronto to Jasper.




No comments: