Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Silver from blue

There was blue sky and Vermillion Lakes were calling to me. I had finished reading an astounding novel called Swimming Home (and finished writing my review of it) so I answered the call of the sky and mountains. I took photos of hte brilliant blue sky, the mountains clad snow and then the clouds blew in from the west and everything turned silver and grey - but still beautiful. These are a few of the pictures....including one which shows another photographer on second lake.
The first four pictures are of the Fairmont range in the east. Then grey cloaked Mt.Rundle. Then the photo with the open water and the photgrapher show the westerly view. The next photo shows waves of silver water which were whipped up by a brisk wind. 
I live in the mountains.
Why is she writing that you wonder...because it is still an amazement to me. 
 While the winter dormancy of Vermillion Lakes is beautiful, I so look forward to the spring and the beaver pond area being full of warblers and kinglets - so many of them it is like a swarming of bees.
And, I long for the return of the pair of kestrels to their nest in the hollow tree, the bald eagles, the herons, the migrating swans and all the ducks and the pair of loons.....
I thought I might spy a moose today - I have seen two out here in the past year - but I didn't. 
Still it was a glorious afternoon. 













1 comment:

Audrey said...

OMG your pics are so beautiful. You have a way of picking out the most beautiful points in any view you look at and portraying on the canvas for us to enjoy. Thank you!
xoxo
Audrey